Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Puzzled to Amazed

Today I had lunch with a friend I went through 252 with. I haven't talked to her in a while besides some small talk so it was awesome to actually get to sit and catch up. I love hearing how God is working in people's lives. It is probably my favorite thing. It is cool to have God work in me but to see and hear him work in others I find it even more amazing.  She is working in the Hispanic community to help bring them into a closer relationship with God and to hopefully lead enough people into a real relationship that they will be able to start a Spanish LIFE group for them. I think it is awesome how she is using her gifts of being bilingual to help reach people that not everyone can reach.

When I got home from lunch I started building this puzzle. While I was building it I was thinking about what all I was going to say in my devotional that I am giving tonight. I knew what I was going to discuss, staying amazed by God,  but I was just thinking about the little details. I then proceeded to have a moment of amazement with God. I realized our life is like a giant puzzle, except we only get to see it piece by piece. Sometimes we pick up a piece and think how dull and dark it is because it is just an all black piece. This could be like a dark time in our life. Then there are the pieces that seem to have be filled with so much like those crazy times in our lives when everything is going on. There are also those pieces where you can actually see objects or you can tell what it is. Those would be the times of clarity in our lives. This metaphor could go on and on, but the point is in our life we only see it piece by piece. God has all the pieces though and He knows how they are go together. When our life is in his hands, all the pieces of our life fit together, and in the end the dark, the bright, and the crazy pieces all come together to form a masterpiece, His masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment